JUV�DERM XC is the only HA dermal filler that is created smooth on a molecular level. Other HA dermal fillers on the market have a granular consistency. JUV�DERM XC is able to acquire a smooth consistency due to manufacturing process known as Hylocross. The Hylacross process allows the gel to easily flow into the skin and provide the smooth, natural results you are looking for.
Actual patient. Results may vary. Unretouched photos taken before treatment and 2 weeks after treatment with JUV�DERM XC. A total of 4.2 mL of JUV�DERM XC was injected into the parentheses, marionette, corner, and vertical lip lines.
JUV�DERM VOLUMA XC injectable gel is for deep injection in the cheek area to correct age-related volume loss in adults over 21. JUV�DERM XC injectable gel is for injection into the facial tissue for the correction of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as nasolabial folds.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
Are there any reasons why I should not receive any JUV�DERM injectable gel formulation? Do not use these products if you have a history of multiple severe allergies or severe allergic reactions (anaphylaxis), or if you are allergic to lidocaine or the gram-positive bacterial proteins used in these products.
What precautions should my doctor advise me about?
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The safety of these products for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding has not been studied
- The safety of JUV�DERM XC and JUV�DERM Ultra XC injectable gels in patients under 18 years, and the safety of JUV�DERM VOLUMA XC in patients under 35 years or over 65 years has not been studied
- The safety and effectiveness of JUV�DERM XC for areas other than facial wrinkles and folds have not been established in clinical studies
- The safety and effectiveness of JUV�DERM VOLUMA XC in areas other than the cheek area have not been established in clinical studies
- Tell your doctor if you have a history of excessive scarring (eg, hypertrophic scarring and keloid formations) or pigmentation disorders, as use of these products may result in additional scars or changes in pigmentation
- Tell your doctor if you are planning other laser treatments or a chemical peel, as there is a possible risk of inflammation at the treatment site if these procedures are performed after treatment
- Patients who experience skin injury near the site of injection with these products may be at a higher risk for side effects
- Tell your doctor if you are on immunosuppressive therapy used to decrease the body's immune response, as use of these products may result in an increased risk of infection
- Tell your doctor if you are using medications that can prolong bleeding, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or other blood thinners, as this may result in increased bruising or bleeding at the injection site
- Minimize strenuous exercise, exposure to extensive sun or heat, and alcoholic beverages within the first 24 hours following treatment
What are possible side effects?
The most common side effects include tenderness, swelling, firmness, lumps/bumps, bruising, pain, redness, discoloration, and itching. With JUV�DERM XC and JUV�DERM Ultra XC injectable gels, most side effects are mild or moderate and last 14 days or less. For JUV�DERM VOLUMA XC, side effects are moderate (uncomfortable) and last 2 to 4 weeks.
One of the risks with using this product is unintentional injection into a blood vessel, and while rare, the complications can be serious and may be permanent. These complications, which have been reported for facial injections, can include vision abnormalities, blindness, stroke, temporary scabs, or permanent scarring.
As with all skin injection procedures, there is a risk of infection.
To report a side effect with JUV�DERM XC, JUV�DERM Ultra XC, or JUV�DERM VOLUMA XC, please call Allergan Product Surveillance at 1-800-433-8871. For more information, please call Allergan Medical Information at 1-800-678-1605. Available by prescription only.